Good real estate agents are hard to find. Discovering the best agent in your market will take some work, especially on your part. Here are tips to help you find a good real estate agent.
When hiring a real estate agent, a referral is a great start — but it isn’t enough. We recommend interviewing at least three agents to find the best one.
“I find that a lot of people only speak with one agent before starting their real estate journey, and they are disappointed with the results,” said Sharon Hamilton, Real Estate Broker and Owner of Healthy Real Estate and Associates. “Even if you find an agent through a referral, you still must do your due diligence to make sure they will meet your real estate needs.”
When interviewing agents, the key will be to ask the right questions. Whether you’re buying or selling a home, you will want an excellent real estate agent.
Let’s dive into the questions you should ask when interviewing real estate agents. First, we’ll talk about the questions you should ask if you are buying, then we’ll discuss the questions you should ask if you are selling a property.
7 Questions Buyers Should Ask to Find a Good Agent
As a buyer, you need to find a good real estate agent with a solid strategy. To help you find the right home in a competitive market, you can ask the following questions to identify a good agent:
- What challenges are buyers facing in today’s market?
- How will you help me search for the home I am looking for?
- How would you provide guidance on the decision-making process?
- Can you provide details on your strategies for making competitive offers and negotiating prices?
- What out of pocket expenses should I expect to spend?
- Do you have any referrals to service providers, such as banking professionals, who can assist me throughout the homebuying process?
- What’s your vetting process for your service providers?
7 Questions Sellers Should Ask to Find a Good Agent
For sellers, it’s all about sparking a connection between the buyer and the home. For instance, your home must pull on buyers’ heartstrings as soon as they walk through the front door. Good agents are prepared with a sales strategy. To find out how a good agent get offers on the table, ask potential agent these questions:
- How familiar are you with the area where the home is located?
- Can you provide details on the marketing strategy you have planned for my home?
- What do I need to do to make make my home more marketable?
- What are my options if the home doesn’t appraise at the sale price?
- What’s your familiarity with the style of the home?
- What are your strategies to get the buyer to the home?
- What are your strategies to get the buyer to the contract?
Be Diligent When Looking for an Agent!
In conclusion, you will need to hire a resourceful real estate agent who knows how to navigate the market. Buying or selling a home is a big decision. Your real estate agent will have big shoes to fill.
The Healthy Real Estate & Associates team provides honest, personalized consulting services to make your real estate experience easy, fun and most of all, healthy!
Our no-obligation consultation helps us understand exactly what you’re looking for, and allows you to get to know us and the Healthy process. Above all, our goal is to start you on your buying, renting, or investment journey armed with information and confidence.
Call us today at 302-314-3775 or complete this form to jumpstart your real estate journey with one of our agents.