As expected, the bidding wars are upon us! The hot housing market is driving some buyers to quickly purchase homes without obtaining a professional home inspection. This is a very dangerous move for a decision that can have life-long effects. Not only should you get a home inspection from a certified inspector – you should conduct a thorough walk-through to inspect a prospective home yourself. Here are five fixtures you can check yourself:
- Windows. Open all windows to ensure they operate properly and check for cracks.
- Water Pressure. Run water in every faucet in the house and flush all toilets to check the water pressure.
- Drain Pipes. While the water is running, check underneath the sinks for any evidence of water leaks or clogged drains.
- Water Heater. Check for any signs of aging, such as sediment build-up on the top and bottom of the tank. Also, check for service sticker dates.
- Heat & Air Sources. Lastly, run both the air conditioning unit and the heating unit to ensure that they are functioning properly.
Buying properties during the Covid-19 pandemic has posed challenges for buyers. However, forgoing a home inspection can lead to a major disaster. As your trusted real estate advisor, Healthy Real Estate & Associates’ agents can work with you, and together, we can navigate this chaotic housing market to help you find a home you love.